The scientific research of Dr. Amiel's laboratories focus on multiple studies:
- Procurement and storage of fresh osteochondral allografts
- Clinical approach to viscosupplementation for osteoarthritis patients
- Using plasma energy generated by newly developed probes (i.e. radiofrequency), we have developed new surgical techniques.
- Relationship between aging and osteoarthritis (OA)
- Tissue engineering of articular cartilage
- Assessment of healing of flexor tendon insertion site injuries
There have been several important discoveries generated from Dr. Amiel’s laboratories which have made significant impacts in the field of orthopaedics. These discoveries include: