The Institute of Engineering in Medicine
- Facilitates the integration of engineering principles and novel technologies with biomedical and translational research.
- Works with departments to create programs in which student scientists can apply engineering and technology to healthcare.
- Comprises fifteen Centers and over 200 faculty from UCSD’s Schools of Medicine, Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Jacobs School of Engineering.
IEM Centers Update
Centers at Institute of Engineering in Medicine have been dedicating to work and study widely for health.
Here are some of the works that they have been working on:
- Center for Advanced Neurological Engineering (CANE)
- Center for Medical Device Engineering and Biomechanics (CMDEB)