Welcome to the Institute of Engineering in Medicine
The Institute of Engineering in Medicine (IEM) at UC San Diego was formed in 2008 to unite outstanding faculty in engineering, medicine, pharmacy, and other departments. Interdisciplinary professionals strive to expedite new discoveries, promote research, and foster industrial partnerships to advance our understanding, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer, cardiovascular, metabolic, neurological, ophthalmological, and orthopedic injuries & diseases.
The Institute of Engineering in Medicine
- Facilitates the integration of engineering principles and novel technologies with biomedical and translational research.
- Works with departments to create programs in which student scientists can apply engineering and technology to healthcare.
- Comprises fifteen Centers and over 200 faculty from UCSD’s Schools of Medicine, Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Jacobs School of Engineering.
Register "Designing Hope: Engineering an end to Cancer" Symposium
"Designing Hope: Engineering an end to Cancer" symposium is being organized by the Moores Cancer Center, Chien-Lay Department of Bioengineering, and the Center for Engineering Cancer at UCSD's IEM, scheduled for November 3, 2023.
The symposium aims to foster collaboration, share unpublished research, and generate a white paper for future funding efforts, focusing on advancing cancer research through interdisciplinary approaches.
The organizing committee, led by Drs. Rebekah White, Tyler Seibert, and others, encourages abstract submissions by October 9th for faculty talks, trainee sessions, and posters.
- Symposium Date: November 3rd, 2023
- Registration Due: October 9th, 2023
Congratulations, Class of 2024 Siebel Scholars!
We are delighted to announce our exceptional Siebel Scholars of Class of 2024.
Gisselle Gonzalez, Zhongyuan Guo, Bojing Blair Jia, Josh Mesfin, Madison Wilson
These outstanding students epitomize academic brilliance, leadership, and a commitment to global progress. Congratulations to them for this prestigious recognition!
Become a Sponsor of UC Bioengineering Symposium!
Become a Sponsor of the 24th Annual University of California Systemwide Bioengineering Symposium that will be held in UC San Diego on June 24 - 25, 2024.
All sponsoring companies receive:
- Recognition in opening and closing remarks, event materials and website
- A dedicated table at the Biotech Industry Lunch, if desired
- Two complimentary conference registratioins
- Materials space on the Sponsors Table and opportunity to present a research poster
- Contact list of conference attendees
- And More!
Click Here for more details.
News and Highlights